An important condition for acceptance of papers by "Actual Questions of Veterinary Biology" journal is their compliance with the rules given below. In the event of any significant deviation therefrom, the provided materials will not be considered. In this case the editorial office undertakes to inform the authors on its decision not later than 1 month from the date of receipt thereof. Originals and copies of provided papers shall not be returnable to the authors.
Materials must be sent by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
. An electronic version of the paper shall be considered an original, in which connection the authors are recommended to check correspondence of the text on the digital carrier to the printed out version of the paper before dispatching the materials to the editorial office. Besides, materials for publication may be personally delivered to the editorial office: Oranienbaumskaya str. 3-Б, Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 197198. Preparation of materials
The paper may contain up to 10 typewritten pages (18 th signs with blanks) without taking into account figures, tables and reference list. The electronic version of the paper must be prepared in the form of a file in .doc format for OC Windows and contain the text of the paper and the entire artwork (pictures, diagrams, tables) with inscriptions. Tables and diagrams must be made in one color – black, without any background.
The author must present each image in a separate file in the original size (when processing the images by graphical editors, it is necessary to take into account that images with the resolution of less than 300 dpi and the size of less than 945 pixels across are not suitable for offset printing).
The text of the paper must be in Times New Roman type, 12 pt, without any formatting ("Common" style). Numbered and unnumbered lists shall be formed without application of auto-formatting (i.e. manually) using Arabic numerals or the symbol "-" respectively.
It is desirable to use maximum 3 to 5 non-traditional abbreviations for complex terms or names most frequently used in the text. These abbreviations shall be put in parenthesis after the first full name of the term. In the cases when the used abbreviation was legalized by the international classification, it should be used in the respective transcription. For instance, to shorten the term of "interleukin", the abbreviation "IL" must be used according to the international nomenclature. It is prohibited to insert any abbreviations into the name of the paper. Names of microorganisms must be given in the original transcription (E. coli, Streptococcus pyogenes). Units of measure must be given without a point after their contraction (cm, ml, g, mg, kDa, etc.). When using reference characters, it should be borne in mind, that in the process of the journal preparation for make-up, the symbols obtained using an atypical type and some special formatting symbols may be interpreted incorrectly.
When setting forth the material, one should stick to the standard arrangement of a research paper:
- Materials and methods.
- Investigation results.
- Discussion of results.
- Conclusion (resume).
- Reference list.
The paper must represent a finished investigation. Conclusion (resume) must be clear, concrete, follow the results and discussions of results of the investigation and correspond to the purpose of the work and the tasks set.
References to the firstprimary sources shall be put in the text with digital designation in square brackets. Any reference number must correspond to the quoted author. Quoted authors shall be arranged in the Reference List in the alphabetical order (Russian, then foreign). References given in the Reference List must be full, and their arrangement must correspond to the current GOST. The number of references must be maximum 10 – for original papers and 30 – for literature reviews.
1 copy of a cover letter addressed to the Editor-in-Chief of the journal must be compulsory attached to the paper materials. The letter must contain::
- Full name of each author of the paper with indication of the name of the institution where the author works, his/her position, academic degrees, titles and contact details in Russian.
- Full name of each author of the paper with indication of the name of the institution where the author works, his/her position, academic degrees, titles and contact details in English.
- Full name of the author responsible for further correspondence with indication of the preferable contact method.
- Full name of the paper in Russian.
- Full name of the paper in English.
- Summary of the paper in Russian (700-1200 printed characters).
- Summary of the paper in English.
- Key words (up to five) in Russian.
- Key words in English.
- The number of the text pages, the number of figures, the number of tables.
- The date of dispatch of materials.
- Signatures of all authors.
Authors must guarantee that materials submitted to the journal were not published before. Authors must agree with automatic transfer of their copyright to "Actual Questions of Veterinary Biology" journal at the moment of the paper acceptance for printing. From that moment on, all materials put in the paper may not be published by the authors, fully or partially, in any form, in any place and in any language without agreement with the journal management. An exception may be:
Payment for publication of papers
- preliminary or subsequent publication of the paper materials in the form of thesis or short summary;
- use of the paper materials as a part of a lecture or review;
- the author's use of materials submitted to the journal when writing a dissertation, a book or a monograph.
Subject to compliance with all the above rules, reviewing and publication of the paper in "Actual Questions of Veterinary Biology" journal shall be free of charge for the authors and institutions where they work. The editorial office may request payment in the following cases:
- for publication of colored illustrations;
- for a big number of illustrations (over 8 illustrations);
- for placement of advertising information;
- in case of resubmission of material to the editorial office, if the paper (according to the reviewing results) was sent to the author for finalizing.
1. All materials submitted to the editorial board for publication in the journal shall undergo reviewing.
2. The review is conducted by leading profile specialists (Doctors of Sciences, PhD of Sciences) who have publications on the topic of the reviewed paper in the last three years.
3. Papers submitted for reviewing shall undergo examination according to the following main points:
3.1. Check of the article for correspondence to the rules of arrangement.
3.2. Check of the article for originality and scientific or practical significance.
3.3. Assessment of authenticity of the provided material.
3.4. Assessment of correspondence of the work name, the work objective to the results and conclusions of the work.
3.5. Assessment of relevance of the methodic approaches used.
3.6. Assessment of relevance of the summary to materials of the article.
3.7. Assessment of correctness of use of terminology, style of narration and orthography.
4. According to the results of the examination of submitted materials, the reviewer must give a respective conclusion on possibility of publication of the article in "Actual Questions of Veterinary Biology" magazine and indicate the respective rubric.
5. Reviews shall be kept in the editorial office of the magazine for at least five years.
6. Authors shall be sent a copy of the review or a reasoned refusal.
7. Copies of reviews shall be sent to Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation, if a specific request comes to the editorial office.
The list of possible reviewer's conclusions:
- Now therefore the paper (the title, the author's name) can be accepted for publication in "Actual Questions of Veterinary Biology" magazine without any changes.
- Now therefore the paper (the title, the author's name) can be accepted for publication in "Actual Questions of Veterinary Biology" magazine with proof corrections suggested by the reviewer.
- Now therefore the consideration of the paper (the title, the author's name) is adjourned until the author answers the following questions: 1. (question). 2. (question).
- Now therefore the consideration of the paper (the title, the author's name) is adjourned until the author makes the following changes: (recommendations).
- Now therefore the publication of the paper (the title, the author's name) is not possible due to: (full incompliance with ... , presence of an identical publication in "..." magazine, obvious inauthenticity of submitted materials, obvious absence of novelty or significance, potential harming to animals, etc.)